Wednesday, December 24, 2008

“Picture yourself on a boat in a river with tangerine trees and marmalade skies….”

Somehow these lines never made sense…and passed me by as some psychotropic-ally invoked form of poetic license (The Beatles you know! they can be...umm...a li'l obscure. I mean what is dear Lucy doing in the sky with diamonds, huh?!) until…alas…last eve…the moment of epiphany, that melted in my mouth, as I gently sucked off the tangy marmalade from a Cookie Man cookie. Waitaminnut! Tangy…marmalade? I bit into the juicy peel…slowly…lingered as the juices found their way around hidden corners of my mouth, then down my throat, and up my brain…and truth bared itself in a divine revelation…like a writ stamped into the clear blue sky (not marmalade, of course)…Tangy-marmalade….Of course doofie D!! Marmalade is made of Tangerines!!

And as the prophetic tangerine tree, swayed in the background, with its little golden nuggets, lilting along to the music of the winter breeze, I hummed Lucy to myself…a sigh of knowledgeable satisfaction...It still doesn’t make much sense, but at least I know what those tangerines were doing around with a marmy sky! And yes, I can picture it….boy! can I!

Now back to that juicy peel…mmmmm