Monday, September 21, 2009

For you who lie silent tonight


I will not return.


And night, mildly warm, serene and silent,

will lull the world, under beams of its solitary moon.

My body will not be there,

and through the wide-open window,

a refreshing breeze will come looking for my soul.

I don't know if any await the end of my double absence,

or who will kiss my memory amidst caresses and weeping.

But, there will be stars and flowers,

there will be sighs and hopes,

and love in the avenues in the shadows of the trees.

And that piano will be playing as in this untroubled night,

and no one there to listen,

by my window frame.

3 comments:

Karthik Shekhar said...

beautiful

anju singh said...

lull one into false sense of beleive rather fantasy .....

DREAMY !!!!!!

Ankita said...

Return you must!